Dr Rajibul Hasan is an assistant professor of marketing and programme director of MSc Marketing at Maynooth University, Ireland. At Maynooth, he teaches Digital Marketing, Social Media, Contemporary Issues in Marketing (e.g., AI in Business and Marketing, AR/VR Marketing). He is the founder of a global research and methodology platform: https://scales4research.com. He also manages an Artificial intelligence and Digital Marketing Platform Website-http://upnotion.com, where he aims to disseminate digital marketing and artificial intelligence knowledge among the members of different societies. Previously, he worked as an Assistant Professor at Rennes School of Business, France. In Rennes, he was a principal investigator of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) consumer behaviour research centre. He completed his PhD from the University of Kent, UK, in the area of marketing. He specializes in understanding digital transformation, digital marketing, artificial intelligence, consumer behaviour and innovation adoption. He has published in academic journals including Tourism Management, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Computer in Human Behaviour, and Journal of Marketing Management and Strategic Change.
Achievements & Honours:
- Recipient of Three years Scholarship from the University of Kent, the UK in acknowledgment of exceptional academic performance and potential.
- Received funding for my current research projects from AI Business Area of Excellence and Agri-Business Area of Excellence of Rennes School of Business.
- Won funding for my research from the Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust, the Charles Wallace Bangladesh Trust, and the Leche Trust.
Publication and Conference Presentations:
Selected Refereed Journal Articles
- Jimmy, Ayo; Rahman, Mizan; Islam,Nazrul; Hasan, Rajibul (2021) ‘Smart mirror fashion technology for the retail chain transformation’. Technological Forecasting and Social Change
- Zaman, Mustafeed; Vo-Thanh, Tan; Hasan, Rajibul; Mohiuddin Babu, Mujahid (2021) ‘Mobile channel as a strategic distribution channel in times of crisis: A self-determination theory perspective’. Journal of Strategic Marketing
- Hasan,Rajibul; Koles, Bernadett; Zaman, Mustafeed; Paul,Justin (2021) ‘The potential of chatbots in travel & tourism services in the context of social distancing’. International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning
- Vo-Thanh,Tan ; Zaman, Mustafeed; Hasan, Rajibul; Ahmad Rather, Rouf; Lombardi, Rosa; Secundo, Giustina (2021) ‘How a Mobile App Can Become a Catalyst for Sustainable Social Business: The Case of Too Good To Go’. Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- Hasan, Rajibul; Shams, S. M. Riad; Rahman, Mizan (2020) ‘Consumer trust and perceived risk for voice-controlled artificial intelligence: The case of Siri’. Journal of Business Research
- Hasan M.R.;Shams S.M.R.;Rahman M.;Haque S.E. (2020) ‘Analysing pro-poor innovation acceptance by income segments’. Management Decision
- Husain, Shaiara; Sohag, Kazi; Hasan, Rajibul; Shams, S. M. Riad (2020) ‘Interest rate and income disparity: Evidence from Indonesia’. Journal of Strategic Change, 29 (6):665-672
- Hasan,Rajibul; YU, Zhirun (2020) ‘Capitalism leading to unhealthy food consumption’. Journal of Strategic Change, 29 (6):633-643
- Abdunurova, Assem; USPANOVA,Maira; Hasan,Rajibul; SURAPBERGENOVA, Zinagul; KUDAIBERGENOV; Nuradin (2020) ‘Pre – Purchasing and Post – Purchasing Travel Behavior on Social Media: The Case of Kazakhstan’. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 11 (6)
- de Kervenoael, R;Schwob, A;Hasan, R;Ting, YS (2020) ‘Consumers’ perceived value of healthier eating: ASEManalysis of the internalisation of dietary norms considering perceived usefulness, subjective norms, and intrinsic motivations in Singapore’. Journal of Consumer Behaviour
- Hasan,Rajibul; Abdunurova, Assem; Wang,Zheng; Wenwen; Shams, Riad (2020) ‘Using deep learning to investigate digital behavior in culinary tourism’. Journal of Place Management and Development,
- Shams S.M.R.;Hasan R. (2020) ‘Capacity building for transnationalisation of higher education: Knowledge management for organisational efficacy’. European Business Review, 32 (3):459-484
- de Kervenoael R.;Hasan R.;Schwob A.;Goh E. (2020) ‘Leveraging human-robot interaction in hospitality services: Incorporating the role of perceived value, empathy, and information sharing into visitors’ intentions to use social robots’. Tourism Management, 78
- Hasan, R;Liu, YG;Kitchen, PJ;Rahman, M (2019) ‘Exploring consumer mobile payment adoption in the bottom-of-the-pyramid context: A qualitative study’. Journal of Strategic Change, 28 :345-353
- Hasan R.;Lowe B.;Petrovici D. (2019) ‘Consumer adoption of pro-poor service innovations in subsistence marketplaces’. Journal of Business Research,
- Hasan R.;Lowe B.;Petrovici D. (2019) ‘An Empirical Comparison of Consumer Innovation Adoption Models: Implications for Subsistence Marketplaces’. Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, 38 (1):61-80
- Palusuk N.;Koles B.;Hasan R. (2019) ‘‘All you need is brand love’: a critical review and comprehensive conceptual framework for brand love’. Marketing Management, 35 (1-2):97-129
- Hasan, R;Jha, AK (2018) ‘What’s good for business growth: Implications of innovativeness and price sensitivity for firms in developing countries’. Journal of Strategic Change, 27 :469-476
- Hasan M.R.;Jha A.K.;Liu Y. (2018) ‘Excessive use of online video streaming services: Impact of recommender system use, psychological factors, and motives’. Computers in Human Behavior, 80 :220-228
- Hasan M.R.;Lowe B.;Rahman M. (2017) ‘Visual cues and innovation adoption among bottom of the pyramid consumers’. Qualitative Market Research, 20 (2):147-157
- Rahman, Mizan and Hasan, Md Rajibul and Floyd, David (2013) ‘Brand Orientation as a Strategy That Influences the Adoption of Innovation in the Bottom of the Pyramid Market’. Strategic Change, 22 (3‐4):225-239
- Lowe,B., Hasan, M.R., Jose, S. (2018), A Conceptual Model of Pro-poor Innovation Adoption in the BOP and Subsistence Marketplaces In Singh R. (eds.) Bottom of Pyramid Marketing: Making, Shaping and Developing BOP Markets. Emerald Publishing.
- Lowe,B. and Hasan, M.R. (2017), Adoption of pro-poor innovations in the context of the BOP and subsistence marketplaces: Challenges, opportunities and research agenda. In: Yogesh K. Dwivedi, Nripendra P. Rana, Emma L. Slade, Mahmud A. Shareef, Marc Clement, Antonis Simintiras and Banita Lal (eds.) Emerging Markets from a Multidisciplinary Perspective – Challenges, Opportunities and Research Agenda. Springer.
- Hasan, M. R. (2018). Vidéos en ligne : une addiction orchestrée. Ouest-France, June 25th, 2018. Available online under : https://www.ouest-france.fr/ouest-france-communication/expertise-rennes-school-business/parole-d-expert-videos-en-ligne-une-addiction-orchestree-5840581
- Hasan, M. R. (2018). Pourquoi un coup d’œil sur une vidéo se transforme si souvent en 3 heures de “binge watching”. We Demain, March 9th, 2018. Available online under : https://www.wedemain.fr/Pourquoi-un-coup-d-oeil-sur-une-video-se-transforme-si-souvent-en-3-heures-de-binge-watching_a3209.html
Selected Conference Presentations
- de Kervenoael, Ronan, Rajibul Hasan, and Thomas Millet. (2019). ‘Caring for the merchant: Measuring the impact on contactless payment intention, and technology acceptance engagement for the senior market . EURAM 2019 Conference, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Hasan, Rajibul, Professor Ben Lowe, and Dan Petrovici. (2018). Pro-poor Innovation Adoption in the BOP Market: Toward an Integrated View. 25TH IPDMC: INNOVATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Porto, Portugal.
- Hasan, Rajibul, Professor Ben Lowe, and Dr Dan Petrovici. (2018). Toward an Integrated View of Pro-poor Innovation Adoption in the BOP Market. Academy of International Business, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Lowe, Professor Ben, Sullivan-Mort Gillian, and Rajibul Hasan. (2018). Connecting with Consumers in Subsistence Marketplaces. Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) World Marketing Congress, Porto, Portugal.
- Hasan, Rajibul, Professor Ben Lowe, and Dr Dan Petrovici. (2017). Consumer Adoption of Innovations in the Bottom-of- the-Pyramid: Empirical Evidence from Two Services in Bangladesh. Royal Bank International Research Seminar, Montreal, Canada.
- Hasan, Rajibul, Professor Ben Lowe, and Dr Dan Petrovici. (2017). An integrated model of pro-poor innovation adoption within the bottom-of-the-pyramid. Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) World Marketing Congress, Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Hasan, Rajibul, Professor Ben Lowe, and Dan Petrovici. (2017). Towards an integrated theory of pro-poor innovation adoption in the BOP. EMAC 2017 Conference, Groningen, Netherlands.
Aside from his PhD research and teaching commitments, he enjoys continuous professional development through his interests in many areas and the running of his own Innovation, Marketing and Business Scales Database website -http://scales.rajibulhasan.com/.
He has a strong interest in IT and a very thorough knowledge of software applications.
He was managing a website Named Borobazaar. His company Borobazaar was web-based e-commerce and social networking business, which He designed and managed for 10 years. This allowed him to put into practice his Digital and Social marketing, finance & accounting, and business knowledge together with his interests in web designing and e-commerce.
Currently, he is managing a consultancy website- http://upnotion.com/. UPNOTION provides the following services in INDIA and BANGLADESH-
Consultancy and Market Research
Sound Logo of Upnotion
To contact Md Rajibul Hasan, Please fill up the following form: